GRAND CRYSTAL AND THE CRYSTAL PROJECT
LOCATION: Ram Indra, Bangkok Thailand
CLIENT: Kieatsahamitr Co., Ltd.
PERIOD OF SERVICES: Feb 2007
DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION COST: 500,000 Baht
FINANCED BY: N/A
ASSOCIATED FIRMS: N/A
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT:
The owner aim to utilize the land property in order to developed the residential area namely, Grand Crystal and The Crystal project. However, the existing expanded space is soil mixed with bentonite filled in the old retention pond. Ground condition is very soft and high water content. Thus, the land development on soft ground is encountered the difficulties of slope failure, exceed ground movement from excavation and foundation work. Analysis of slope stability, ground movement and settlement were carried out to minimize the effect both of during and post construction period.
International Engineering Consultants Co., Ltd as well-known professional consultants firm was awarded to analysis and design the proper cutting slope, effect to the structure on difficulty existing ground condition. The finite element analysis and slope stability analysis were carried out to such sophisticated issues to ensure the performance.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
· Site investigation throughout the project area.
· Slope stability analysis of excavation, embankment and foundation work using sophisticated computer software.
· Settlement analysis on the existing backfill soft ground condition.
· Evaluation the proper construction method to minimize any risk of failure.
· Site investigation
· Slope stability, ground movement and settlement analysis