Studies and Research on Void Detection Under Concrete Pavement and Subsealing (Phase I)
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT:
Department of Highway (DOH) has carried out of subsealing method for their concrete pavement maintenance. The major problems are unbalance between volume grout in planning and actual subsealing in the field and an investigation method of void size that still indistinct. Furthermore, no previous research was studies on comparison of subsealing and other methods in term of suitability and economic.
The research aim to study the suitable method of void size detection and interpretation of output data, generate the criteria of damage evaluation and working manual. International Engineering Consultants Co., Ltd. (IEC) awarded contract to carried out this research. The studies are including review of the literature, field work on test section and actual road by trial from several methods that available for void investigation.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
· Literature review on void size detection and subsealing method.
· Study and research, to find the suitable method for void size detection by full scale testing, which including Falling Weight Deflectometer (FWD), Ground Penetration Radar (GPR), Nuclear Density Gauge, Seismic Method and Electrical Resistivity Imaging (EI).
· Setting up the criteria for road damage classification.
· Preparation of void detection manual or standard for void investigation and subsealing.
· Concrete Pavement Maintenance.
· Void Size Detection Method.
· Subsealing Method.
· Falling Weight Deflectometer (FWD)
· Ground Penetration Radar (GPR)