UNITED THAI SHIPPING CORPORATION LTD (LOADING AREA)
LOCATION: United Thai Corporation Ltd Shipping yard, Samutprakarn, Thailand
CLIENT: United Thai Shipping Corporation Ltd
PERIOD OF SERVICES: June 08 – Oct 2008
CAPITAL COST: 600,000 Baht
FINANCED BY: N/A
ASSOCIATED FIRMS: N/A
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT:
The existing structure of loading area at United Thai shipping Corporation ltd closed to sea shore at Samutprakarn has shown damage of major structural member such as beam, column. The structural investigation is executed to determine cause of damage in objected to find out the appropriate remedial work. Structural condition survey and non destructive test (NDT) are adopted with various kind of testing such as concrete strength, corrosion mapping, Ultrasonic pulse velocity (UPV), Carbonation and chloride test. After finalized the potential caused of damage, the proper remedial work shall be carried out to ensure that the safety and functional of structure is maximized.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
· Existing structural assessment using structural condition survey and non destructive testing (NDT) such as:
- Compressive Strength of concrete using Coring and Rebound hammer (Schmidt)
- Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity (UPV) to determine concrete continuity and crack depth
- Corrosion mapping of steel reinforcement.
- Carbonation and Chloride content in structure.
· Structural Assessment