THAI PETROLEUM PIPELINE CO.,LTD (CONTROL BUILDING)
LOCATION: Thai Petroleum Pipeline Co.,Ltd, Leam Chabang, Chonburi, Thailand
CLIENT: Thai Petroleum Pipeline Co.,Ltd
PERIOD OF SERVICES: November 08 – December 2008
CAPITAL COST: 600,000 Baht
FINANCED BY: N/A
ASSOCIATED FIRMS: N/A
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT:
The existing structure of basement structure of control building at Thai Petroleum Pipeline Co.,Ltd at Laem Chabang, Chonburi has shown some damages at column due to corrosion of steel reinforcement after flooding period. The project owner is objected to investigation the actual cause of damage and whether the structural be able to carry the additional loading of machine. Structural condition survey and analysis as well as using non destructive test (NDT) are adopted with various kind of testing such as Ground Penetration Radar (GPR), concrete strength, corrosion mapping, Ultrasonic pulse velocity (UPV). After finalized the potential caused of damage and structural analysis, the proper remedial work and even structural strengthening is carried out to ensure that the safety and functional of structure is maximized.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
· Existing structural assessment using structural condition survey and non destructive testing (NDT) such as:
- Ground Penetration Radar (GPR) to determine building foundation and structural steel reinforcement.
- Compressive Strength of concrete using Coring and Rebound hammer (Schmidt)
- Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity (UPV) to determine concrete continuity and crack depth
- Corrosion mapping of steel reinforcement.
· Soil Investigation
· Structural Analysis
· Remedial and structural Strengthening detailed design
· Non Destructive Testing (NDT)
· Structural Assessment
· Remedial and Strengthening detailed Design drawings, specifications & calculations
· Tender documents