PTT POLYETHYLENE CO., LTD (PTTPE) (PTTPE LLDPE PLANT)
LOCATION: Pha Deang Industrial Estate in Map Ta Phut, Rayong, Thailand
CLIENT: Toyo-Thai Corporation Public Company Limited (TTCL)
PERIOD OF SERVICES: August 08 – March 2009
FINANCED BY: N/A
ASSOCIATED FIRMS: N/A
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT:
Pelletizer building is one among several buildings in PTTPE LLDPE project, Map Ta Phut, Rayong which is owned by Petroleum Authority of Thailand Polyethylene Co. Ltd. (PTTPE). This building is designed and constructed by Toyo-Thai Corporation Public Company Limited (TTCL). This building is a 10 storey reinforced concrete on piled foundation which is approximate dimension of 24.0 x 36.0 x 87.2m located close to the sea shore.At the beginning of year 2008, the construction of this building has started. After scaffolding systems was dismantled, cracks have been appeared on the structural members such as beams, girder, and columns.International Engineering Consultants Co., Ltd (IEC), an engineering consultant firm is awarded to provide building condition survey and engineering design service.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
· Review background of construction, detailed design drawings, calculation, provide visual building inspection to map actual defects/cracks on the structure, perform the concrete coring test for compressive strength to verify actual material strength to find the causes of cracks.
· Review project specifications ad design criteria.
· Establish the criteria to determine concrete strength for design verification
· Provide the investigation and verification report
· Perform the reanalysis design check by professional engineer team to calculate the actual structural capacity from the actual concrete strength.
· Provide the suitable strengthening way of the members that have insufficient capacity.
· Provide the shop drawings of steel bracing, slab, column and beam strengthening work.
· Perform Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity test (UPV) to check the completeness of crack repairing.
· Site supervision on the strengthening works.
· To evaluate the capability of structural members to meet required ACI code.
· Issue the engineering certification for structures that are safe and meet the project requirements
· Perform field density test for pavement work.
· Structural evaluation
· The strengthening design
· Site supervision on the strengthening works