PTT POLYETHYLENE CO., LTD (PTTPE) (PTTPE LDPE PLANT –HYPER COMPRESSOR FOUNDATION)
LOCATION: Pha Deang Industrial Estate in Map Ta Phut, Rayong, Thailand
CLIENT: Toyo-Thai Corporation Public Company Limited (TTCL)
PERIOD OF SERVICES: April 09 – May 2009
FINANCED BY: N/A
ASSOCIATED FIRMS: N/A
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT:
Cracks on sides and top of the hyper compressor foundation of the PTTPE LDPE Plant located in Rayong, Map Ta Phut were found after removal of formworks after casting about 3 days. The hyper compressor slab is the on-pile structure with 1.20 meter diameter bored pile totally 30 piles beneath. The size of slab is 18 x 22.5 x 1.6 m. with lean concrete 1 m. thick beneath the bottom of slab. This foundation is an important one due to the hyper compressor is a reciprocal type that will create high force during operation. Defect of the foundation may degrade the compressor capacity. There fore, PTTPE (Project Client) and Bechtel (Project Management Consultant, PMC) therefore made a request to Toyothai PCL for getting a third party to investigate the damage and verify its impact. International Engineering Consultants Co.,Ltd (IEC) is therefore awarded to perform the investigation and verification.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
· Review background of construction, detailed design drawings, calculation, Engineering Revision Instructions (ERI) or Field Revision Instructions (FRI), placing concrete records, and concrete compressive strength test reports.
· Review project specifications ad design criteria.
· Review Non-conformance Reports (NCR) related to concrete
· Inspection the structural conditions and site constraints
· Establish additional concrete testing plan and be witness on site.
· Establish the criteria to determine concrete strength for design verification
· Perform the independent design check by professional engineer team to ensure that structural capacity and integrity of concrete works in the project meets the project requirements.
· Provide the investigation and verification report
· The independent design check
· Numerical analysis using Finite Element (ansys)